Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Writing, Resolutions and Me!!!

New Year and Me go in tandem with Resolutions. Sometimes I keep them and many times I don't. One resolution I have successfully kept over the last many years is to be a vegetarian 5 days in a week. SO, that is a success story, according to me. For a person born and brought up in a coastal town, fish was staple food, everyday. And I do love fish.

This year's primary resolution has been to write. Haven't I heard this before?!! Well, so what if it is my first step again?! I have been keeping first steps on this space and every time the second step goes missing. One more try, one more time and I intend to keep trying, without letting myself down. Isn't failure to get up after a fall, the actual failure?

The last year has been a little encouraging to me to pursue my thoughts in writing ever since I took the Programming for Everybody Course in Coursera.com. I know what anyone should be thinking now. Though my programming skills may not have taken a cheetah's leap, my faith in my writing skills have taken, at least a kitten's leap. I need to specially thank all the wonderful souls that read my essays in the course and for unanimously appreciating my thoughts and encouraging me with their kind words. I never seemed to have believed all my wonderful friends who have been doing precisely the same thing over the ages. I somehow told them and myself that they were being too kind to me. To all my dear friends, I am sorry for not taking you seriously over the ages. I am trying to, now. Specially since I so enjoy writing and reading it again after a long time and wondering and remembering what made me write what I did. Hope it is not too confusing. :)

By the way, this isn't the only resolution either. I will come out with the others in public with myself when I have the guts to do it. Until then, I will keep this resolution and enjoy it while I do.

No comments: