Friday, September 12, 2008

One True Thing


One True Thing was one movie that embarked me on a journey that I had not anticipated. The brilliant potrayal of a family and the different emotions which all of us go through in our families sends us down memory lane. Meryl Streep as the mother will remind each one of us of the everyday sacrifices our mothers had to make to make us what we are and what our family becomes. Renee Zellweger as the ambitious daughter will remind every woman of how she wished in her growing years that she does not grow up to be her mom and how later in her life she identifies her mother as the strongest person and wishes that she had at least a fraction of the strength her mom possessed.
A scene where the mother inspite of her own illness tells her daughter that she needs to make her own career reminded me of my own mother telling me the same thing when I was going for my first day at work. Had it not been for her strong words then, I doubt if I would have ever accomplished the little I did.
This is my salutation to the selfless years of the life of all mothers from whom we have all borrowed our own lives.. Thank You Amma..

3 comments:

Purva Desai said...

wow this is a beautiful piece....looks really touchy....

Zoya said...

Thanks Purva.. Just a shot at how our mind takes us through different journeys by the minute :)

anudivya said...

Have been waiting for your next post for a long time gal...