Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Pressed Flower Workshop


So.. I am back after a long hiatus.. not that it was anything intended. just that I suddenly found myself with no time at my disposal.. Anyhow I am sure I am not going to be stuck like that anymore..

Ok.. now coming to my latest fascination in the arts and crafts area - Pressed Flowers. I had the good fortune to attend a pressed frower workshop conducted by the Denver Public Library. I sure enjoyed the experience of learning something new in the world of crafts. Ever since I have been to this workshop, it has taught me to see the regular plants and trees in new light. Anyhow I have already been fascinated by the seasonal changes of these plants and trees in this beautiful country which is more like them speaking a language to the environment around them. It makes me feel their presence more often than I did in the past. The workshop has made me more keen in finding out the wild flowers and leaves that will be made immortal in my craft even if they didnt like me plucking them out of their place.. :)

So.. I hope there will be more of my craft work on display in the future on my space here. The one that I have posted is the first step I took in just putting everything at my disposal on the paper to make my first bookmarks. I hope the next time around there will be more clarity in my work and less of messing up. Well.. Hope is eternal.. ;)

4 comments:

Rebekah Smith said...

ammu, your bookmarks are lovely!:-)...what a wonderful beginning for your new interest in pressed flowers!:-)...what's next?:-)...cards?...framed works?...can't wait to see:-)

rebekah:-)

Zoya said...

Thank you Rebekah.. to get such comments from a veteran like you is sure encouraging..

anudivya said...

Very creative. And trendy bookmarks, whatz not to like?

Ikshaa said...

Its very creative work.Looks nice:)Chk out my blog too.